Hypothyroid, on medicines, have skin itching every day. Is it due to thyroid?

Dear Doctor, I am a HYPO thryoid patient with medication T4 with dose of 100mcg (mon, wed, fri and sun) and 50mcg (tue, thurs and sat). Now I am suffering from skin itchness every day, is it due to my Hypo Thryoid ? should I increase the does of 50mcg to 100mcg for Tue, Thurs and Sat also ? Awaiting your reply? Regards / Jess
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Endocrinologist 's  Response

The dose adjustment in hypothyroidism is based on your thyroid function tests and not on your symptoms. The dry skin in hypothyroidism can have itching come times. I suggest you to try with moisturising lotions and if no improvement consult a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Dr Ajish TP
Consultant Endocrinologist