Hypo thyroid, irregular periods. Hormone tests normal. Given eltroxin, obimet. Why obimet tablet?

hi i am 27 years old and have hypo thyroid i had stoped my medicine for thyroid which is Eltroxin 100 gm every day 6 months a ago . From past one or 2 months i was having ma periods which would not stop so i visited a doctor who asked me to do certain test T3 T4 TSH Glucose and Insulin my TSH is 21 which is not normal other than that every thins is normal my Glucose is 73 and my insulin is 16. The medicine which doctor gave me is Eltroxin and Obimet 500 gm morning and evening. Since obnimet is for diabetes please can you tell me why do i have to take it when i dont have diabities.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012