Hurt shoulder. MRI shows small tear in the rotator cuff, bone spur on acromion. Surgery required?

I was doing some underhand pitching about two months ago when I hurt my shoulder. I had x-rays, they showed nothing, so I was going to physical therapy , that didn t help, so I got a cortisone injection, that also didn t help. yesterday I had a MRI, it showed that I have a small tear to the rotator cuff and a bone spur on my acromion , I do believe. I was told to go talk to a surgeon next week. He said this abnormal sense I am a 16 year old girl. do you think surgery will necessary?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013