Hurt foot, swollen, got tetnus, painful, cannot put pressure on it. What to do?

I met an accident yesterday and hurt my foot, it got swollen like a goiter. I visited Doctor for xray and got tetnas plus painkiller injection. Xray shows no fracture and doctor said its normal but to take precautions for a month i.e. no pressure on the left feet and ankle. I applied ice pack on the swollen place yesterday night for an hour and then slept. today swelling has gone down about 30% but its still embossed. have placed ice pack thrice today for 1 hour each time, but still have pain and same swelling. Cant put pressure on that leg as it pains so walk with one leg jumping.

Need suggestions.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013