Hurt finger, tenderness, bruise gone. Is it fracture or a soft tissue injury?

HI! I jammed my finger tip over the Easter weekend while I was having a Tenpin Bowling practice session. What actually happened was I dropped the ball on the end of my finger and it was ultimately squished between the top of the ball return and my 13lb bowling ball. Anyway it bruised up really quickly and the bruising had actually disappeared a couple of days later, however it is still tender when I put pressure on it or knock it. The bruising was only on the pad of the finger. Do you think it may be a small crush fracture or a bad soft tissue injury? I haven't been for an X-ray because I was thinking that if it's a fracture of the fingertip there's not much that can be done for it anyway?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013