Humming all the time at work, while walking. Cause of concern?

Good Morning...I just read all the posts about humming with no answers. I am 58 and have been doing it for several months if not longer. I was with a friend yesterday just for a pleasant walk and she finally said do you realize you ve been humming the entire time. Now I am wondering if I am doing it at work and why?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concern. Humming all the time at work is a sign of happiness, and if you are doing it involuntarily and not considering the people around you especially if you are around a boss and are still doing it, it might be an obsessive compulsive disorder, the obsession being the need to vent things out in the form of humming and the compulsion being humming. I also think that you might need to visit with a psychiatrist.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!