Howto get rid of drinking habits ?

my father drink daily & in very high quantity & using abusive language what should i do ? i am very helpless
Asked On : Sun, 20 Feb 2011
Hi poonam
first talk to him when he is sober,find out if he has any worries or emotional problems which are forcing him to succumb to alcohol consumption,if your attempts fail, take him to a psychiatrist .if he does not wish to accompany you,then let him know that there are medicines to make him quit alcohol. motivate him to leave the habit. also inspire him by giving books, encourage him to socialize.have faith and patience.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Your father has become chronic alcoholic and psychiatric treatment will not yield any benefit.Your father will stop seeing psychiatrist.What will you do in such circumstance.Best is put him on DISULFIRAM,in consultation with your doctor,and without telling your father.If alcohol is ingested after taking disulfiram.number of distressing symptoms like flushing,perspiration,uneasiness,mental confusion occurs.Consult your doctor for this.Good luck.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
You need better concelling and consultation. Psychologist in this regards may help in rehabitation centres. Have a faith and respect his feeling give warmth care and request him to control over thehabit
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello poonam.. take help of the person whom ur father respect ,trust n have faith... who can make him understand to take medical help to get rid of the habit.. god bless..