How would i know if i had a fistula in back passage?

how would i know if i had a fistula in back passage
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
you need to be examined by a surgeon preferably to know that. you cant figure it out by yourself. your symptoms cannot confirmly say that it is fistula.
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
a fistula is an abnormal communication between two epithelium-lined organs or vessels that normally do not connect. It is generally a disease condition.Discharge & pus may come out time & again.Get it treated.Consult Surgeon.Disclaimer
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Jasvinder Singh's  Response
Fistula is an abnormal connection between two epithelium-lined organs(like the anal canal and outside skin in case of anal fistula) that normally do not connect. It presents as an open hole or a cut near the anus on examination and the patient has the symptoms of external opening, bleeding, swelling or pain. My sincere advice would be to consult a surgeon and getting yourself evaluated for anal fistula.

Hope it helps you. Regards.