How to treat a hole in heart of a child ?

my chil is having a hole in his heart i m confussed what to do? is their any process of heart transplantation or a surgery will work plz help me
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011
hole , but where, what site in heart, see thats makes a lot of difference in management. one needs to see a echo report before commenting, also it is necessary to see the child general condition. better u see a pediatric cardiologist.

Pediatrician Dr. Alok Choudhary's  Response
the type of surgery depends upon the type of hole whether ASD /VSD ,age of child, size of defect,symptoms.Presently in India there are very good centers with good success rate where these type of surgeries are done.At present we are still awaiting for successful heart transplantation.hope for the best.Consult your pediatric cardiologist for full evaluation and do accordingly.GOOD DAY

Contact Narayani Hrudayala or Sai Baba Hopsital, both are at Bangalore. They are specialized in treating this type of cases. Generally congenital cases can be treated with surgery only.