How to rectify the pain in my knee after several months after Anterior cruciate ligament tear surgery ?

In July 2008 I tore my ACL doing Martial Arts, and no doctor believed my pain until November 2008 in which I finally got my MRI in December 2008 showing a ACL tear. October 2009 I received the surgery , but ever since surgery the pain has only increased in the knee . My surgeon kept telling me its all normal, until I proved him wrong by getting another MRI in February 2011. The MRI showed that I had subchondral bone marrow edema , and the doctors learned i have weakness in both my mcl and lcl as a result of surgery. Recently the pain has been spreading from my knee down my leg slowly. What could be the cause of this, and what steps do you suggest I take? P.S. My Age is 18 , turning 19 as of October this year.
Asked On : Sat, 14 May 2011