How to rectify absent mindedness?

I am very Absent minded. examples are: i go out side to smoke and let dog out with me, when i come in i forget to let dog back in; someone tells me what is needed from store, I have forgotten what to get before i even leave the house. is there a point when stuff like that needs to be looked at by a doctor? I am only 32.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

Absendminded ness is not a disease but a condition whih arises out of exessive thinking. Thinking causes mind to deviate attntion from the present process. Concentration is the key. Do whatever you do with keen interest. That might help. Just don't allow your mind to wander away. Prescribe what to think and how to be busy at other times. Allow yourself to do lot of activities such as games and exercises, dance, sing etc. Write down things to help you remember. Slowly the bsendmindedness should vanish. And more importantly, don't worry about that, worrying might cause more troubles. I can help you psychologically online if you desire so. Get well soon.