How to prevent the spread of red eye infection?

I just met with a person with Red eye infection and am afraid i too will get the infection. I have important meetings coming up this week and am afraid i will look ugly with a red eye. Any precautionary medication, so that i do not get a red eye. I already got red eye once in my school days and it is horrible experience.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Nov 2010
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.These are contact prevent them from effecting you do not touch your eyes.Prophylacticaly if any drops are put in the eye then also you touch your eyes,and you get the eyes infected.By not touching your eyes you block the transfer of infection from outside to your eyes