How to keep my 12 years daughter's vagina clean ?

my daughter doesnt wipe her butt and her underwear are always really dirty, i have tried everything wipes, baths she is 12 and this has been going on for years and i dont know what to do and how un healthy is this
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Genital toilet is especially very important for females as their openings for urinary tract and vagina are close to anal opening.any contamination can easily predispose them to have vaginal or urinary infection.12 yr old girl is big enough to understand and you need to sit down and explain her that she could get ill due to her habit.try encouraging her rather than punishment.try rewarding her when she di does.Ask her if she is scared to do it or find s it dirty to do it.With love and positive reinforcement she wil learn to do it.