How to identify that a girl is a virgin ?

hello doctor , i am about to get married soon.i have never been with girls before. so i have lot of confusions.... i ask some of my married friends but still answers are question is ..... men gets erection when they think about sex..... does women have same thing like expansion of their part(vagina) when they think or started to do sex. how do i know the girl whom i am going to marry is virgin... my friend told me about his experience.... when he tried to make sex with his wife on first night it was not all success becos she felt pain and he had to take his penis out within a second after inserted for first time(one stroke) he found 3 drops of blood . so he didnt do sex for a week later he did, but his wife said she feel pain but no more blood.... what does that mean to you..does that mean is she virgin.. i am so nervous confused and excited about wedding n.b please only doctor answer this question please let me know ASAP................... THANK YOu dharmendar
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Having sex for the very first time is a painful experience for females as there is a thin covering on the vaginal opening called hymen which gets torn when penis enters for the first time. There might be some bleeding careful.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Hi. well come health care magic.Virginity is not the path or guarantee of success & happy marriage
What you talking about is intact or broken hymen.Hymen can be broken in so many way.About virginity your worry is useless ,as it can neither be confirmed or denied on the basis of pain & bleeding during first intercourse.So forget it.Vaginal secretion do occur when women is excited &ready for sex that leads to dilatation /opening of vagina.Disclaimer