How to gain weight?

good afternoon doctor , i m anu, i m 19 yrs old, i m very very thin, i m underweight , i wnt to increase my weight, pls suggest me something,
Asked On : Mon, 5 Jul 2010
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Well come to HealthcareMagic,

Tips to gain weight
1.     Try to have at least 500 ml of milk it may be in form of milk shake or by using some commercial products like born vita, horlicks, resource high protein or ENSURE
(ENSURE is good product to gain Weight along with the balanced Diet in a health manor)
2.     Have some snacks time of brunch and evening time. (Peanut chikki, dry fruits, dates, some sweets, or some tea fun items.
3.     Try to have all types of vegetables and fruits to get vitamins and minerals.
4.     Add cream to while kneading the dough.
5.     Drink 3 to 4 liters of water,
6.     Sleep for 7 hours a day. Do not watch TV, read books or listen to music on bed.
7.     Does not Skip any meals and it should be balance diet means cereals, pulses, vegetables, fruits, yogurt, and sweets.
8.     Be tension free.
9.     Daily have one hand full of dry fruits & 4 dates. Daily one egg.
10.     Daily 30 minutes basic exercises so that you should not get tummy.