Hi Jay, Paracetamol
is used to relieve pain & to reduce temperature in fever. It is generally a safe drug & does not result in gastric irritation in therapeutic doses. Also, it's effect lasts for only 4 to 6 hours & 90% of the drug is excreted on the same day. In sensitive individuals, it can result in rash & allergic reactions leading to mucosal damage.
Although,a rare incidence of anaphylaxis
) with symptoms like rash, vomiting, diarrhoea
, facial puffiness, after a single dose of Paracetamol has also been reported it is very rare.
Since your symptoms indicate GIT toxicity, symptomatic treatment will be effective.
If the pain is very severe, an IV infusion of Pantaprazole (40mg) will give an immediate relief.
Otherwise, take tab. ranitidine
150mg two times a day on first day followed by 150mg at bed time for the next 4 days along with antacid to relieve the pain