1. Preferably have an ear examination to confirm your ear wax
2. Use wax dissolving drops available OTC.
3. Put 5 drops in one ear 5 times a day and lie down for 5 minutes with that ear up.
4. Sometimes when the earwax
in the inner (bony) canal swells up after absorbing the ear drops, there may be some discomfort or ear pain
for a few days till it completely softens. A mild painkiller should suffice.
5. Since the wax drops are oil based, your hearing may worsen as the oil fills up any tiny spaces between the wax plug and the ear canal
. You should therefore, clear one ear at a time.
6. Gently tease out the softened wax or go for an ear syringing after a week to ten days.