How to calm down my heart ?

This is a little hard for me to explain, but lately over the past few months my heart has been beating faster at random times. And occassionally it feels like it skips a beat and I can t take a breath in at that time. I worry a lot about my health (over little things) and have been a big girl all my life. Such as just 15 minutes ago, I was laying down and watching a movie and could feel my heart beating really fast. I wasn t even worried about anything. I guess my question is: How can I lower my heartrate? I don t like the feeling of it beating fast at all. I m waiting for the Go to your GP! Lose WEIGHT! answers but that;s not what I m asking. I m 18 if that helps and 5 11.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Being a tad taller and older than yourself; I am almost 6' tall and 60 years your senior and had a quadruple cardiac bypass 1990. Today, I am in excellent health but in spite of the bypass and not because of it. I am not on medication. Your problem may well be due to your apparent sentivity to your health but it could be due to your diet. Try to keep out of your diet all polyunsaturated fats as those are potent immune suppressors (not many know this) and return to the traditional saturated fats, which, on their own are benign and the body's natural food for energy. Only in the presence of carbohydrates with fat do arteries become furred. Ramp down on carbohydrates (including any soft or fruit drinks) in your diet and treat them like luxuries only, but do not stop taking them as a little seems to help. Your meals should consist mainly of protein and fat. Finally, avoid snacking between meals and try to increase the intervals to around 5 or 6 hours rather than the traditional 4 hourly meals. Dinner should be at least 3 hours prior to retiring with nothing to eat until breakfast (or lunch, if this is preferred). Obviously this involves discipline but by the end of the first week you should notice the difference. Learn the techniques of relaxation and finally, good luck!.