How serious is second stage cervical cancer ?

My friend has cervical cancer second stadium . She must take injections . Is second stadium very serious ?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Feb 2012
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
cervical malignancy is curable malignancy even till stage 3b, and sometime 4a,.second stage of cervical cancer has divided in to iia and iib, differenciation lies in parametrial extension. if disease extend from cervix to upper vagina (but not lower third vagina) but not in parametrium(tissue beside uterus and cervix which contain ureter) its stage iia and in this stage you can cure this patient either surgery(wertheim's) with or without radiotherapy (after seeing surgical pathology report) or you have option of radical radiotherapy(external beam radiotherapy 40GY followed by brachytherapy three sitting ) . Stage iib comprise that disease have extend from cervix to parametrium(but not up to lateral pelvic wall) , in this stage chances of surgery is out of question but this stage is cure rate up to 60% 5year survival with concurrent chemo-radiotherapy (means combination of chemotherapy along with radiotherapy to increase effect of radiation on tumor cells).
so my friend injection(cisplatin/carboplatin) is needed if in your case disease has spread up to parametrium(stage iib) and its along radiotherapy.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ashwini Kolur's  Response

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.
I think so are speaking about second stage.
Five-year survival rates for Stage IIA and Stage IIB cervical cancer are 63 percent and 58 percent, respectively, according to the American Cancer Society.
Treatment options are internal and external radiation therapy combined with chemotherapy, a radical hysterectomy and lymph node removal, or a radical hysterectomy and lymph node removal plus radiation and chemotherapy.
Second stage is further divided, treatment depends on the sub stage as well, I advice you to consult the oncologist for treatment options, as they will be in better position to decide after examination.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further queries.

Oncologist, Radiation Dr. N A Patil's  Response
She should be take radiation or chemo, cheak her histopath (biopsy)report and if there is squaous cell carcinoma type cancer, i will advice you ayurvedic treatment for complet preventation of cancer. u mail me your biopsy report. my mail id drndpatil at g mail dot com