How many times a day should i check my sugar level?

how many times a day should i check my sugar level?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Treatment/Therapy
  Anonymous's Response

Are you A diabetic dependent on insluin????if yes then i guse it will before each time injecting insulin you need to cjeck to see teh sugar levels and inject th corredt dose. Else checkingonce a day should be enough.

General & Family Physician Dr. Gautam Das's  Response
Hi. If you are a diabetic then you need to monitor it each time you take insulin...i would suggest that you maintain a chart where you can write down the sugar level readings and along with it the dosage of insulin taken. This will help your doctor a lot.
Dietitian & Nutritionist Ms. Ketki's  Response

Very true question !

initially monitor fasting, pp regularly at least for a weak along with your food diary. this will help to decide a proper diet as well as medications.

then there onwards , keep monitoring whenever

1. any change in food habits
2. any change in meal timings
3. any change in exercise schedule
4. any change in medication dose / brand / schedule
5. sudden giddiness, sweating

for any help / queries contact;

ketki_foodcorner@yahoo.com