How long it will take to recover from loose motion for a 18 months old baby ?

Hi, My 18 mnths daughter is having loose motions(3-4 times a day) due to stomach infection from past 3 days. We had taken her to doctor , he prescribed the oflomac-m 30 ml syrup, pre-pro kid powder but the loose motions has still not stopped. now he has given Prowel syrup instead of pre-pro kid powder and says it si normal to have loose motions till infection clears. Is it normal to have loose motion till infection clears? Are the medicines given not helping in clearing the infection? Which among them is anti-biotic and is it mild or strong anti-biotic? Thanks in advance for advice.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Sep 2011