How exactly to give Iron syrup orally to a 25 day old suffering from G6PD deffeciency and physiological anemia ?

My son IS 25 DAYS OLD, he has G6PD defeciency proved by screening. His Haemoglobin falled from 15 gm/dl at birth to 11.5 at 2 weeks of age. Then to 10.3 gm/dl today (day 25thof age). No manifestations of haemolysis at all and he is generally doing well. His doctor diagnosed this anemia as a physiological anemia due to the initial lack of erythropoietin hormone in neonates and the anemia woul last till age of 8 weeks. the Dr prescribed oral iron supplementation(syrup). My questions are: - Is that diagnosis probably correct? - Shall I transfuse blood to himat 10.3g/dl? and when shall I? - How exactly to give him Iron syrup orally? and then How frequent shall I follow his Hb level from now (10.3 g/dl) and till when? - What milk formulas suite him best? Many thanks
Asked On : Sun, 15 May 2011