How do I treat a jock itch? Why do genitals itch? Use butt paste and aquaphor?

My 3 year old son has what i think is jock itch . What do I do to treat it. His itchy in his private area and it s red and looks raw. He has had this for about 3 days and I have been treating it with some Butt Paste and Aquaphor. max has had this once before and we went to Dr who tried treating it with anti fungal creams then just Aquaphor and eventually it went away. So today I just asked the pharmacist what he recommend as over the counter anti fungal cream and he had me purchase Lotriman. I applied this evening for the first time along with Butt Paste.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012