How do I know if I am pregnant?

I am a 21 year old female. My last period began overnight between April 17 18. I had unprotected sex on May 1st. I really want to be pregnant so I am anxious for results. What are the chances of me being pregnant and is there a way to know for sure soon with out waiting to see if I miss my period?
Asked On : Fri, 7 May 2010
Your chances of being pregnant depends on the time period when you are ovulating. You should have intercourse during your unsafe period which is in between 10 to 16 days of cycle counting from the day 1 you started having periods. Detection of HCG in blood is a reliable method but that will also detect after a month only.