How do I get rid of the polyps from the nose without surgery ?

How do I get rid of the polyps from the nose without surgery
Asked On : Sun, 14 Feb 2010
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Usually polyps may be associated with nasal allergy.other causes may also be there.It may be one sided or bilatral.these can be treated with drugs if not large.You can use steroids orally in tapering doses,for eg.Ivepred 16mg 3 times daily for 5 days ,then twice daily and then once daily,all for 5 days.please use omez also daily once to avoid gastritis.You may use a spray in the nose one puff twice daily in each nostril,eg.Flomist for upto 3-4 months.This will get small to medium sized polyps under control..without needing surgery.
Home madicens nose without surgery
Confirm the polyps with a plain CT PNS ( Para Nasal Sinus) Scan. On a newer multi slice CT Scanner, this should take just one to two minutes. If your polyps are on both sides, antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, anti allergic medicines, oral steroids and steroid sprays may help reduce or shrink the polyps and let you 'buy' time before surgery. You should rule out diabetes and high blood pressure before such steroid treatment. Nasal Polyps are also accompanied by fungal infections. Single sided polyps usually do not respond to medications. FESS or endoscopic debrider assisted surgery is now the gold standard treatment for recurring nasal polyps with excellent results.
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. You can try treatment with medications.. However the effectiveness and due to the high chances of recurrence, the medical drugs are  not favorable among the ENT specialist.. Surgical removal is be means of an endoscopic ablations...