How can scratches and swelling on the hands be treated ?

I was scratched by a small girl with her nails. It developed into a swelling. I washed it with dettol after some ten minutes. Is this enough or do i need a vaccine? Can I masturbate with my hands now?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Sep 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If there is any redness, pain and oozing you can apply antibiotic ointment like FUCIDIN for relief from infection. You do not need to get any vaccine for this. You may use your hands for any activity which does not cause pain or discomfort. Keep the wound away from water, preferrably in a band aid dressing or antibiotic ointment.
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, there is no any serious prob occure due to scratching. so do not worry . swelling appeare due to local inflamation , it can subside gradually after some day. this is not infectious so that you can do any thing.