How can my y year old daughter get rid of jolting ?

I have a daughter who is 2 years and 8 months. For about 4 months she has been experiencing jolting or flinches. She will be engaging in everyday activities when her head will jolt. This lasts a matter of seconds and she resumes what she is doing. They do seem to happen more frequently lately. maybe upto 20 times a day. For example it happened 6 times the other night when she was having dinner.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
What else happens at that time? Any change in her facial expression. Does it involve head only? or other activity is also paused ?
This sounds like ABSENCE EPILEPSY. Please see a neurologist, before it gets worse.