How can calculi in kidney be treated ?

hi doctor i was a patient of calculi in kidney size 5 mm in middle pole and 6mm in lower pole what can i do for that problem please help me?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jul 2011
Keep waiting if pain is not severe and frequent.Review every 6 months by ultrasound.Take plenty of fluid.
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

Since the size of the stones are small, less than 10mm in diameter, they can be easily broken into smaller fragments by ESWL(electroshochwavelitotripsy ) method... the fragments will be expelled in the urine... Drink excess of water... . other options of treatment are Ureteroscopic removal, if the stones are present at lower par of ureter and bladder.. for more details you can consult urologist ,.Hope I have answered your question..