How can blood platelets be increased ?

My brother has 82 K blood platelets. Kindly please suggest whats needs to be done to increase the count.Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 8 May 2011
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist 's  Response

Low blood platelets could be due to viral infections. Anaemia could also be the reason.
If you are taking any pain medications then you may need to consult your doctor to suggest alternate.
Pomegranate, Watermelon, Black grapes, Guava and citrus fruits will help in improving immunity to fight infections and also help you build platelets.
In-spite of good nutrition if the platelets are falling further you need to consult a Haematologist immediately.

Sama Wellness Clinic