How can I move past binging and not look back ?

I went through several bad breakups, one with my best friend and the other with my boyfriend. I use to be this major health freak, would NEVER overeat or anything and then something snapped after the breakups and I can hardly go several days without binging. I still eat healthy, but even binging on healthy food is bad and I have gained like 10 pounds over the past 2 months. I really need help and I would like to know the best approach I should take.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Sports Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcaremagic,
because of many breakups as you said, one may feel depressed.
There is a tendency in depression for overeating.
You have to overcome your past thoughts, distract yourself from the environment, you may change your place of work or residence or even the city.
Do try relaxation exercises, yoga and Meditation.
Create healthy and happy environment and your surroundings by your positive approach and thoughts.

Ophthalmologist Dr. Nyla's  Response
you need to distract yourself from such thoughts and what better way than workouts.physical activity produces feel good hormones, something as simple as brisk walk/gardening/washing clothes,or join a group activity .Reguler class makes you stick to a schedule,give you les time to worry.list and do things which you are good at and which makes you happy.sometimes the solution may be in your own mind, thinking right makes you feel right.socialising is important, be involved with friends or family if not try to do some sort of social work it will help them and you too.