How can I get rid of soreness on the elbow ?

Have a sore elbow on my left arm . Have bumped it several times. Have put cream on it,it has helped but still sore
Asked On : Fri, 17 Feb 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM.
It is very uncommon for anybody to bump elbows repeatedly. However, if due to your occupation or other habits (sports etc) you cannot avoid it, it is best to wear padded elbow caps which are freely available at any medical or surgical store. so you must use them after your present problem is healed.
For your present problem of soreness, it would be slow in healing as elbow is a site for folded skin and almost constant movement. Along with local creams it is better to keep the wound dry by application of medicated talcum (like neosporin powder). or alternately you can go in for a sumag dressing by a paramedical person.
Hope this helps. take care.