How can I get relief from both pain around the anus and the blood in stools ?

iam 28 male, I had 2 to 3 drops of blood after my loose stools one month before and irritation around my anus area,blood is no more after that day ,a slight pain not much around the anus. I am on fruits,butter,buttermilk,brown rice, radish raw,figs dip in water twice a day, curd and lots of water from past 10 i want to ask whether i have to see a doc until now i have not or how much days normally it takes to recover.plz suggest because i am confused whether this can be or not cure by itself
Asked On : Mon, 10 Jan 2011
Hi,well its difficult to say if the diagnosis if piles is accurate here .One episode of blood in stools may not be only due to piles.The main thing to do here is watch if there is any more blood in stools.If there is then,do see a doctor to get examined.You might require a small surgery to correct it.However,if you are not getting any problems then you can adopt a wait and see policy.For piles,you will get relief with painkiller,sietz bath,local application of lignocaine gel and stool softeners.If you get frank bleeding again,then see your doctor.