How can I deal with child attitude problem ?

My son is 10 years old.He has got in the habit of being boastful & telling lies.He knows the consequences & has lost friends. At present has has no good friend.He is the youngest in the house but not pampered.We are very concerned about him .Please tell me how to get him out of this habit
Asked On : Mon, 3 Oct 2011
Hello.Welcome.arrange psychiatric counseling for him as that is only way to know the reason behind his behavior.Good luck.
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Ten years is not a very big age for a child to understand the implications of his habit and change them.he just wants to feel good and be praised so he cooks up lies .
Dont be harsh to him.You should definitely teach him difference between truth and lies and demonstrate the consequences of can try rewarding him for truth rather than punishing him for lies.Dont make fun of his habit or scold him in front of his friend and gradually he wil improve.if problem persists you can consult a child guidance centre or your pediatrician.
Thank you