How can I control exam anxiety? What medication?

hello doctor.... i m a physiotherapist and i have just completed my last year...and unfortunately i hv nt scored upto my mark due to some unexpected things that took place during my exams.... because of my hostel batch mates, who came on previous day of my final exam and told me certain things due to which i wz very disturbed....even when i wz knowing that my final year university exams are imp bt i wz nt able to get control on my anxiety ..... and whn i m in such situation i m nt able to defend my self even if i m right....with such anxiety and depression problem i went to a doctor who gave me some medicine (xet CR 12.5 and etilaam 0.25) bt sir i m really scared to take this medicines as they are addictive and i might not able to go through its withdrawal symtoms.....sir i hv to again go to my hospital for internship n face all this situation again...And i hv just taken 1 tablet of xet CR 12.5....plz help me sir
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
u should not be scared as these medicines are not addictive if taken on advice of a psychiatrist. u have to be in regular followup as directed.dont just panic my dear.have faith on ur doctor.if u r not satisfied u can take a second opinion with another psychiatrist.