How can I check if a baby is suffering from Down's syndrome ?

sir when my sister was pregnant her ultrasound tests showed some problems related to the child,doctors told us that the child was suffering from hydrops fetalis ,and water was filled in his lungs and lever size was gwtting bigger and bigger, moreover they told us that his body growth i.e arms and legs are not growing in accordence to the rest of the body. but after baby was born arms legs were perfect,lever was not swollen, though their was water inside his body. now doctors are saying something related to down syndrome. The baby has gone through many tests including heart and thyroid..but the reports are normal...i have seen the child and i didn t found any such thing. the baby is responding well i must say better than other babies 0f same age group. I don t think that the reports are right, it happened earlier also that doctors said different things about the baby, they even told us that its not worth giving a birth to this child due to many abnormalities as i mentioned earlier, it was our decision and above all my sisters decision to give birth to this child. even the doctor was shocked and surprised when he saw the baby. after that he wrote some tests for the baby and the reports came normal, after that they told us that they have sent blood sample to mumbai to check for the syndrome, to our surprise the reports came from mohali(chandigarh,punjab) not from mumbai. now with such circumstances and misleading activities i don t think i believe whats written in the report. do reply sir..i am all frustrated with whats going is healthy and responding well... tell me everything about it and the solution to my query .im waiting sir..
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jul 2011