Hot spells, dizziness, headaches, tiredness. What is wrong?

hi my daughter has been a big dancer for years. SHe is 13. LAtely she is getting 3 to 4 hot spells a day for 2 to 3 minutes.. Not really sweating but feeling so hot. I didnt check her for fever when i got her at dance last night because she then said it passed. She gets a quick sensation of dizziness and slight headache . She had a friend with the flu .. i thought that. But her friend just kept vomiting and fever,, I dont think that! she says when she comes up from most dance moves she has felt tired, dizzy and hot.. What should i check for !! I said the old water thing.. but she loves to dance and says she doesnt feel right .. Mrs b
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

At age 13 it would be advisable to do thyroid assessment. Some times bith hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism can lead to such hot flushes.
Also a complete blood count showing hemoglobin should be useful as anemia can also have this presentation.
There is no need to panic and things will be simple.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.