Home remedies not working with an infant for constipation. Gave dulcolax. Prescribed with Livoluk and laxo peg. Will the child become medicine dependent?

Dear Dr, My daughter is 22 months old, and she has been suffering from constipation since April 2012. I tried home remedies which did not work. I had to use dulcolax oral to help her to pass stool . Then I consulted my paediatric who suggested Livoluk..it did not have good results either. I consulted other dr, who suggested me laxopeg. It worked wonders. She was passing soft stool for one month and then I discontinued..I used to give 1/2 sachet (distributed through the day) in a day . Now that I have stopped she is back to old satge...I am sad she has not recovered. I am scared that her system is not working properly and she is dependent on medicine. Please suggest what to do now
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012