Hollow sound while tapping the forehead. Suffered mastoid explorosis. Had surgery. Are these related?

HI, I have a weird hollow sound when I tap my forehead and am fairly sure it is ear realated as I had mastoid explorosis many years ago due to lack of a middle ear in my left ear but the operation couldn't be completed as my brain is located lower down in my skull where I was having the holes drilled. I hear this hollow sound when I bite hard to and it seems to go away if I pinch my nose and inhale through it as I feel something draw back in my ear - this is my right ear not the one I had surgery on.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013