Hollow chest sensation, depression. How do I get rid of this feeling?

Lately, I ve been feeling a sort of hollow sensation in my chest . I feel as though I have nothing inside of my chest, and it lasts for hours. It occurs several times a week, and it seems to me that it happens randomly. It s not painful, but it makes me feel depressed and really sad whenever it happens. I have a hard time talking about this because it s a really hard thing to describe. It somewhat feels like anxiety , yet it can be mixed with comfort and relief depending on who I m around. I think it may be related to wanting to be cared for, but I m not sure about this, since I m only a 17-year-old boy. It s as if I need someone to be around me at all times to tell me that everything will be OK, because I know that things won t be that way. I m not a very optimistic person, nor am I pessimistic. I consider myself realistic, but I still see the world in a very bad way, and this might be making me feel bad as well. What I want to know, though, is... How do I get rid of this feeling?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Its simply due to Anxiety. however, have a cardiopulmonary checkup before proceeding to a Psychiatrist.