Hole on roof of mouth, pain on swallowing, tooth infection. On penicillin. Treatment?

my boyfriend just texted me and told me he has a hole forming in the roof of his mouth. about 2 weeks ago the roof of his mouth was hurting and when he ate his throat would swell . finally when he couldnt stand the pain ananymore he went to the emergency. they told him he had an infection in his tooth and his ear. they gave him se penicillian. he took it but he kept saying that it wasnt working. now he says that this hole is forming in the roof of his mouth. im very concerned as to what this could be.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
July 2014
thanks for your question,
the features you are presenting looks like infection of the tooth leading to pus formation which has opened into the roof or floor of the mouth...consult a dental surgeon to rule out any associated decayed need to undergo some radiographic investigations to rule out other pathologies cyst or salivary gland disorders....
wish you speedy recovery....