Hole in the Heart Prevent Piercing??

Hey, I ve recently been informed that i cannot get a Piercing or a Tattoo by my Doctor as i have a Hole in the Heart And can honestly say i don t know much about it, except for the fact that if i got a Tatt or a Piercing it d be dangerous as my body would not be able to fight infection, and could cause a possible fatal result....However being a stupid prat like i am i want a Piercing :D And obviously i wouldn t get one if it meant 100% fatality, However i would like to know the Following on the subject: Is there ANYTHING i can do that would drastically lower or even prevent the chance of it being fatal towards me? Thanks for reading ya ll :D Wow, thanks for all the advice everyone!! :D Yeah, from what i ve heard i ll go without lol =] As for Gasman s comment, erm How am i being stupid? I was just inquiring to whether there was a way around my problem... ...And apparently there isn t, and you really didn t help with the question, so f*** you :)
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
The chance that you could develop bacterial endocarditis is extremely high. From there, you could have severe damage to your heart valves - Then, if you're lucky you'll be on IV antibiotics (in the hospital) for about 6 weeks, and if you're really lucky, you can plan for a heart transplant - I can't guarantee the transplant part, but the Endocarditis is pretty likely, and the IV treatment is common. It's not worth it.