Hit the water hurting the right ear, paining. Is the eardrum hurt ?

I was SUP today and I fell off the board and I guess I hit the water at a weird angle because when I came up my right ear was hurting. This was around 11am it is now almost 5pm and I m still in a fair amount of pain. Is this something that will go away on it s own---did I really just give the eardrum a good whack? I ve been a swimmer all my life and granted I haven t been in the water for some time but I ve never had pain like this unless it was swimmer s ear.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012