Hit on the ribs causing soreness, dull pain on deep breathing, dull ache on sitting. Cause?

I ran into a handle on the inside of a walkin cooler hitting the left side (ribs) knocking the breath out of me. Soreness around the rib area that I hit. It is sore when I twist a certain way. Breathing is pretty much normal. When I take a really deep breath, I can feel a dull pain. Nothing that takes my breath away or anything. Occasional dull ache while just sitting. Scared me pretty bad when I did it - the worse loss of breath I ve ever felt.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Hi Dear,
Welcome to the board of Health care magic.
Dear friend it appears that you have injured your rib along with the soft tissues.
Till the injured part is inflammed, it will be painful especially during movements.
You symptoms will be alleviated with taking regular anti inflammatory and analgesic drugs for a week or two. And such symptoms take some time to vanish.
Hope your query is answered