Hit on the outer thigh, have faint discoloration with slight swelling post months. Normal?

I fell out of the shower about five months ago hitting my outer right thigh on the door ridge. It became very swollen and almost black in colour. After a couple of weeks the bruise went leaving a slightly reddish tinged swollen wedge. Now a faint discolouration is still evident along with a slight swelling . Is this normal? will the swelling go? My thighs are big enough without the added swelling on the left outer thigh. KR Margot Shaw
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
hello, we would highly interested to know your body condition at present with age , because your swelling is taking more time to heal , but if it is a deep tissue injury you need to get x ray of that region as this takes time to heal, meanwhile you should avoid long periods of standing and physicial movements