Hit on the leg on the middle of shin, no bruising, pains only on stretching. What could it possibly be?

I hit my leg really hard trying to jump onto the loading dock at my work. It hit a large piece of diamond plate steel. It was very painful, but I forced myself to walk and get back to work. It has been more than a week now. It never bruised and it doesn t hurt unless I stretch the skin. I can hit it as hard as i want and it feels normal; maybe a little tender in some parts, but not nearly as painful as stretching the skin. It s on the middle of my shin. what could this possibly be? I m a little confused and worried at the same time.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi..stuckina.., since you were able to walk, no signs of swelling at the injured site, suggest no fracture..
the pain present now during stretching of skin is due to hematoma, collection of blood beneath the skin ,, it will resolve by by 2 weeks..

Take care..