Hit on shin, hematoma in leg, below knee, swollen, CT scan done, underlying bone normal, no muscle masses identified

I jumped into the water to swim and my shin landed on something hard last August. Due to the accident I developed a hemotoma that still has a well defined line going straight across my leg, just below the knee . There is still swelling on either side and it remains sensative. The CT scan notes the following: TechniqueCT images were acquired at the left leg following placement of a marker at the level of interest. Images were acquired without contrast. The axial images were reconstructed into coronal and sagittal plane images. FindingsAnd deep to the marker, involving the subcutaneous fat at the anteromedial aspect of the lower leg, is an ill-defined area of increased attenuation within the fat. I do not see a nodule or discrete mass. The ill-defined nature of this abnormal region is consistent with but not absolutely diagnostic of previous injury in with edema and possibly fibrosis . I do not see obvious skin thickening. The underlying bone is normal. No muscle masses are identified.
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012