Hit on head, swollen, sensitive lumps

Hi, I hit area on head just above brow on a hard surface. Swelled, bruised and went down. Now, six weeks later, a smaller, harder lump remains. still a bit sensitive. No other symptoms. Seems to be remaining the same. Any thoughts as to what I can expect as far as healing time? I have lost my insurance, so I haven t gone for an exam due to finances.
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
The swelling is due to hematoma which got organised and formed a hard swelling due to calcification.
Nothing to worry as this will take time to get absorbed completely.
If there is pain you can take Motrin in prescribed dose.
Hope I have answered your query.