Hit left outside patellae, knee hurts. Suffering from patellae tracking problems. Should I ice it ?

Today I hit my left outside pettella on the edge of my truck door it know has a lump where the door struck my knee and hurts when I bend it if stooping or when I straighten it after sitting for a bit. I already have pettella tracking problems and am waiting to have a lateral release done on my left leg because I had my right one done in April . Should I be concerned or should I ice it and see if it is just bruised
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear Sir ,

You can use it , there is no harm in using that , it may bring relief to your knee pain.

Dr. Shruti