Hit back. Why is there bump on head? What are the signs to watch for?

My son was running around the house he slipped and hit the back of his on tile floor. Now he seems fine I know you re suppose to look out for warning signs. Hes okay hes being himself like if nothing happened. My only concern is when I touch his head he has a bump and it hurts him only when I touch it or he lays flat on the bed is that normal???
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Welcome to Health care magic

I went through the history you have posted.
It seems your son had a injury because of fall and following it he is having bump on the head.
The bump is because of collection of blood in the layers of skin as a result of impact of injury. This will resolve slowly as the blood gets absorbed. The treatment is by the use of cold compression and anti-inflammatory drugs.
You need to watch out for signs of head injury like vomiting, nausea, headache, dizziness, bleeding from nose or ears, loss of consciousness following head injury....
If any one of the above are present you need to consult your doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

Do write back to me for further questions.

Thank you for writing to health care magic.
With regards