History of shin splints. Lump on shin. Fracture or build up of damaged muscle fibres?

Hi, I have been suffering from shin splints for many years, they come they go.... However now I ve noticed that I have a painful lump on the front of my left shin (Dorsi flextion increases the pain) however the pain is always there.. Im a personal trainer for a living, so really need pain free legs.... And my favourite thing to do in the gym is... Run I ve researched into shin splints, and it s mentioned there is a stress fracture how do I tell if its a fracture or a build up of damaged muscle fibres??? Tha you
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013